The 12 Vintage Gifts of Christmas
Are you having trouble finding that unique gift for someone? Have you thought about a vintage gift? Here are some ideas below to get you thinking...!
7. Vintage Christmas Decorations: Vintage Christmas decorations such as ornaments, knick knacks, etc. can make for a really cute gift reminding us of the nostalgia, traditions and whimsy of the season. Make sure the piece or pieces you choose are in good condition. Here is my pick from CocktailsAtFour Etsy shop. What a great tin for candies or cookies!
8. Vintage Maps: A unique gift for someone who has moved to a new area or loves his or her town is a vintage map framed. They have a great look. Here is one from my hometown from the Etsy shop- artdeco.
9. Vintage Books: Technology is a wonderful thing but there is nothing like opening an old classic book, feeling the pages and the binding. A favorite childhood book can make an excellent gift for that reader in the family. When buying a vintage book for a gift make sure there is no writing on inside cover or pages, make sure pages are intact and not torn. Here is one of my favorites from the Etsy shop ladyfranslibrary.
10. Vintage Serving Pieces: Do you know a newlywed or someone who just loves to entertain? This is a perfect gift for them. Make sure there are no chips, cracks or staining. This is really a very useful practical gift. Here is a Christmas themed set from the Etsy shop thecreekhouse.
11. Vintage Toys: Vintage toys are a fun gift for any age! Make sure they are clean and in good working condition. If purchasing a vintage toy for a child make sure the toy is safe. Many vintage toys are not safe. This is very important to remember. Vintage toys are highly collectible. How cute is this kitchen set from the Etsy shop LemondropTreasures.
12. Vintage Perfume Bottles: Do you have a special lady to buy for? Vintage perfume bottles make a wonderful personal gift. They are very collectible. They come in all shapes, colors and styles with many beautiful designs. Here is an art deco bottle that is one of my favorites from the Etsy shop ODONA.
I hope these suggestions help you with your Christmas list!!